Thursday, March 12, 2015

Talking Baseball

In 1988, Parker Brothers released some kind of board game based on the Starting Lineup figures.  They released cards to go along with it, and that is about where my knowledge of the whole thing ends.  Oddly, even though this was a 1988 set, Sandy Alomar Jr. appeared in it.  Behold:

This is a smaller card and is square.  And of course there is no MLB license, so team information does not appear on the cards.  In order to get this oddball card, I had to buy six total Padres cards.  The other players were Rich Gossage, Carmelo Martinez, Garry Templeton, Mark Davis, and John Kruk.  Otherwise I would have to wait and see if it pops up again.  So if anyone out there wants any of the other five Padres and has some Alomars I need from my Need List on the right or some Red Sox to trade, let me know.

RESOLUTION TRACKER:
1.  Four out of five previously achieved.

2.  One card brings me to 955.  45 to go.

3.  Previously achieved.

4.  No progress.

No comments:

Post a Comment