Monday, March 16, 2015

COMC Holes

I made an absolutely huge order on COMC recently.  It was mainly to pick up a bunch of stuff for my Red Sox collection, but I figured that while I was at it, I might as well pick up as many of the remaining Alomar cards that I needed as I could.  This meant a ton of parallels of course. 
1.  1989 Bowman Tiffany.  This is the last remaining major rookie card that I needed.  Alomar looks so young in this pic.

2.  1999 Pacific Platinum Blue.  Yet another of those pesky Pacific parallels.

3.  1996 Stadium Club Extreme Players Silver.  I had the bronze and gold already but the silver had eluded me until now.

4.  1995 Pinnacle Artist's Proof.  The scan does not do this card justice.  The foil is kind of a greenish silver.  It is really kind of cool.  I like this card a lot more than I thought I would.  The lack of dufex bothered me.

5.  1997 Donruss Team Set.  Donruss released team-specific boxes in 1997.  That meant I had to track down the Alomar.  I bought a box of the Red Sox stuff though.

6.  1998 Donruss Collections Prized Collections Leaf.  Getting this leaves the Preferred version numbered to 55 to have all four of the Prized Collections cards.

7.  1994 Stadium Club Members Only.  This is one of three Stadium Club parallels from 1994.

So, that plugged a few holes in the Alomar collection.

RESOLUTION TRACKER:
1.  4/5 previously achieved.

2.  7 cards brings me up to 974.  26 to go.

3.  Previously achieved.

4.  No progress.

No comments:

Post a Comment