Friday, March 6, 2015

Parallel Madness and Some Oddballs from Burbank

I splurged over at Burbank Sportscards.  I have been thinking about it a lot.  There were a bunch of rarer parallels of Alomar over there that I needed.  I decided to go a little crazy.
So there we have a refractor and five low-numbered parallels.  The Finest Refractor is a nice card, one of the nicer normal parallels I have seen in some time.  The Paramount cards are the Opening Day parallel numbered to 74 completely randomly and the Holo-Silver numbered to 99.  There are two Flair Showcase Legacy parallels and the Thunder Rave parallel.  With the Legacy parallels, I need just one more to have all six.  The one I need is the Row 0 from 1997. 

Beyond the rarer parallels, I also picked up a couple of very strange oddballs:
The card on the left is a bookmark.  The card on the right is a Strat-O-Matic card.  Most of these do not have player pictures on them, but this one did, making it far more interesting.  This is from a game.  I never played the game, but I know of a lot of people who did.  I don't know if I will add any more of these or not.

RESOLUTION TRACKER
1.  Four of five previously achieved.

2.  Up to 942.  58 to go.  I counted the bookmark as a card because it is the same size as the Fleer Extra Bases cards and sort of fits in my binder.  The Strat-O-Matic does not count though.

3.  Previously achieved.

4.  No progress.

No comments:

Post a Comment