Thursday, May 22, 2014

Card #35: 1991 Jimmy Dean #8

YEAR: 1991
BRAND: Jimmy Dean
SET: Signature Edition
NUMBER: 8
SUBSET: NA
TEAM: Cleveland Indians

The advantage to being a catcher on a non-licensed food issue is that pictures do not have to be airbrushed to take away the team logos and names.  At least not as much.  You would not be able to really tell that stuff is missing on this card.  I have mentioned many times how much I love food issues.  This was actually my first food issue card of Alomar, but not my favorite.  I believe I picked it up at a card shop.  It was an unusual pickup at the time, but I love the card.  I am a little puzzled by the "Signature Edition" on this card.  These were not autographed, though they did have a facsimile signature on the back.  What was the point of that?

No comments:

Post a Comment