Friday, May 2, 2014

Card #17: 1991 Upper Deck #46

YEAR: 1991
BRAND: Upper Deck
SET: Upper Deck
NUMBER: 46
SUBSET: Team Checklists
TEAM: Cleveland Indians

Oddly this was my first Upper Deck card of Alomar.  That took quite awhile for some reason.  I always liked the Team Checklist cards.  I liked the illustrations which were usually quite impressive and I liked having a checklist that had a player picture on them.  Made it less annoying to get a checklist.  This is a nice shot of Alomar's catching stance, similar to Tony Pena's.  Plus it gave me the number of his base card that I needed.  Upper Deck made some unusual decisions at times for the Team Checklist cards (1991 Mike Greenwell, 1992 Ellis Burks to name the Red Sox), but this was a no-doubter as Alomar had just burst upon the scene in 1990 and had not had one before.

No comments:

Post a Comment