Thursday, April 17, 2014

Card #7: 1991 Stadium Club #61

YEAR: 1991
BRAND: Topps
SET: Stadium Club
NUMBER: 61
SUBSET: NA
TEAM: Cleveland Indians

Stadium Club seemed to me to be an incredibly high-end product in 1992.  I was just ten, going on eleven at the time and it was an ultra-premium brand.  So it was pretty rare for me to get any Stadium Club cards.  Packs seemed exorbitantly expensive, and even commons were fairly pricey.  Like with many of my early cards, I don't recall how I got this one, but I think I probably got it in a trade with my older brother, who mowed yards for people and had a little bit of spending money.  Enough likely to be able to buy packs of Stadium Club.  I do think I was definitely collecting Alomar at this time, though probably not as a single player collection yet.  I always liked the picture of the Topps rookie card on the back of the cards.  I knew which card I needed to find to have Alomar's rookie card this way.  It is a nice action shot, but definitely not one of the better pictures that the inaugural set became known for.

No comments:

Post a Comment