Wednesday, June 17, 2015

A Top 15 Hit

On my list of my Most Wanted Card for Each Team, I was resigned to either picking a printing plate or an over-sized team issue card for the Texas Rangers.  Neither of each seemed terribly likely.  Printing plates, while not in high demand, are difficult to find.  Nevertheless, this popped up late last week:
Not the most exciting printing plate.  In 2005, Topps released printing plates for the backs of cards.  This is one of those cards.  I spent a little bit more than I probably could have for this card, but it was a chance to take a card off of my Top 15 list and my Most Wanted Ranger card.

RESOLUTION TRACKER:
1.  This was a Top 15 card, but not one of the cards from the list as of January 1, 2015.  So still at 4/5.

2.  Previously achieved.

3.  Previously achieved.

4.  No progress.

2 comments:

  1. Very nice...I didn't even see it before it sold (to you)...$40 may be a little high for some printing plates but I most likely would have splurged too. He doesn't have a lot of 1/1's compared to players in sets 2010+. I'd love to see a Flair '97 or '99 Masterpiece for that cost.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I considered making a Best Offer on it, but decided I wanted it too bad to risk it.

    ReplyDelete