Friday, January 23, 2015

I Hunted It Down

It took a little bit of time and some exhaustive internet searching but eventually I managed to find this card.  I mentioned before that I did not receive the 1999 Topps Gold Label Class 1 Black card in a COMC order as I was supposed to.  Instead they sent the base card version.  I contacted them to try to correct the error but all they could do was issue me a refund.  So I began scouring the internet.  No luck on Ebay, COMC, Sportlots, Just Commons, Beckett Marketplace, or any of the forums.  No luck digging deeper.  And then I discovered a member on the Beckett forum had the card.  It was just a matter of getting in contact and making a trade.  Success.

This was Card #10 on my Most Wanted List.  I have mentioned before, my biggest collecting pet peeve is not getting the card that I am supposed to get.  It infuriates me.  So finding this card became an obsession.  Now I have it.

RESOLUTION TRACKER
1.  This was card #10 on my Most Wanted List, however I wanted to get five of the cards that were on the list as of the day that I created the resolutions.  This card was only added after I already knocked one of those off afterwards, so it does not count.

2.  Up to 905 cards.  95 to go.

3.  No progress.

4.  No progress.

No comments:

Post a Comment