But I got a little bit closer today. I found a website in the deepest, darkest depths of the internet recently that had a bunch of members selling cards. One seller had a number of rarer inserts and parallels of Alomar and I contacted him to pick up a bunch of his listings. He even had some Tek cards that I took off his hands, not knowing whether I would get any new cards or not. A couple of the cards were very hard to find and/or very expensive when they could be found so I braced myself for a high price and the possibility that I would not be picking up some of the items, but when he quoted me a price of $10.00 total, I was so shocked I had to email him back to ask whether he was talking about just one card or the whole lot. Well, he meant for all of them, so here are my new Alomars:
2. 1997 Circa Rave. This one is numbered out of just 150. I bought a lot of packs of this quintessentially 90's set and never pulled a Rave parallel so that just shows how hard these were to find.
3. 1998 Topps Tek Pattern 88. This was the only new Tek pattern. There were a couple of duplicates in there, but that leaves me with just 23 more to get.
4. 1997 Pinnacle Certified Mirror Red. I had the Red version, and the blue and gold, but I did not have the Mirror Red.
So this was a very successful transaction, and all for the low price of $10.00. Two of those cards on their own probably would have cost me that. The site was Sports Card Depot by the way, if any of you out there want to check them out. They don't appear to have a lot, I think I was pretty lucky to find this much stuff from just one seller.
I am going to do this with new purchases to keep track of my resolution progress from this post.
1. I knocked one Tek card off my list. That does not eliminate the Tek cards entirely obviously. I need 23 more.
2. Four new cards were added bringing me up to 900. An even 100 cards to go.
3. No progress.
4. No progress.