Tuesday, December 2, 2014

I've Been Binging Again

I was randomly looking through the Beckett Marketplace a couple of weeks ago and came across a seller that had a couple of Padres cards I needed for Alomar.  That resulted in a nine-card order being placed:
1.  1989 Star Future Stars.  This card and a later one are from a Future Stars set.  Star was more of a minor league company but it released a bunch of major league cards in the 1980's.  There are still probably a few more cards out there that I need.

2.  2000 Topps Chrome.  There are not many base cards still out there that I need, but I knocked a few off here.

3.  1999 Ultimate Victory.  A foil parallel set to the Victory set, I did not know initially that I needed the base version.  I have one of the parallels to it.

4.  1998 Topps Gold Label Class 3.  Another base card that I needed.

5.  1998 Donruss Collections Elite.  Donruss Collections was a parallel set that covered several of the brand's major releases, for some reason that I am still unclear on.

6.  1998 Bowman Chrome International.  I like the map on these cards that shows where players were born.

7.  1992 Classic.  This should be the last Classic card that I need.

8.  1989 Topps Tiffany.  A glossy version of the base set, the Tiffany rookie is one of his better rookie cards.

9.  1989 Star Future Stars.  And the other Future Star card.  These two were the initial reason for placing this order.  The Tiffany card was icing on the cake.

No comments:

Post a Comment