Wednesday, December 31, 2014

2014: Looking Back

This was definitely the year of the Sandy Alomar Jr. collection.  I came into the year with about 200 or so cards, and I will exit the year with nearly 900.  I have added a number of higher-end cards that I was excited about.  It has been a great year for this collection.  It is unlikely that there will be another quite like it.

There is not much point to doing a bunch of different categories.  This is the first year of the blog.  But I will show off one card, my Card of the Year, which is my single favorite card in my Alomar collection, and my favorite card I have gotten this year, no matter the player:

CARD OF THE YEAR:
2005 Topps Rookie Cup Original Relics
I love this card.  I can't believe I hesitated at all in purchasing it.  It was a decent price too. 

The Alomar collection and blog have become the centers of my collection to this point.  Unfortunately the cards I still need are going to become more difficult to find, making the likelihood of this blog being as busy as it has been this year, fairly slim. 

No comments:

Post a Comment