Sunday, June 22, 2014

Minor Mailday

The Tim Wallach collector is easily the most extreme player collector of whom I am aware.  He seems obsessed even by player collector standards.  I visit his webpage somewhat frequently and even sent cards to him on two occasions now.  But I find tips on his site for my own collection.  On one of his posts he linked to a site for buying minor league singles which he used to get cards of Wallach as a minor league manager.  I contacted the business through the site and eventually worked out a deal for the two Alomars he had that I needed.
1.  1987 Wichita Pilots Rock's Dugout.  This is my third Wichita Pilots card.  I know there are a couple of other minor league issues out there that I need.

2.  2007 New Orleans Zephyrs Multi-Ad.  This was the big one though as it was #4 on my Top 10 Most Wanted.  I was wondering if I would ever be able to find it.  This was the reason I set something up with Dave at the website.  There are no New York Mets cards of Alomar out there of which I am aware.  However, he has the New Orleans Zephyrs card that is his last card from his active playing career.  I love the shot too of the aged catcher wearing his equipment.  He played 45 games with the Zephyrs in 2007 with some decent hitting numbers.

1 comment:

  1. Glad you were able to make use of that site. It's insane the amount of cards Dave has available.

    I've got some Alomar's to send your way, it's just taking me awhile to dig them up.

    ReplyDelete