Friday, July 21, 2017

Catching Up: 2016 Archives Signature Buybacks - 2003 Topps

As I promised last week, I am coming back.  I am going to start with showing off all of the new cards I have picked up in the last nine months or so.

Sandy Alomar Jr. actually started getting some new cards last year.  Many of them were buyback autograph cards from Topps Archives Signature.  I have not gone completely overboard picking them up, but I have managed to add several.

I had a couple of requirements for cards that I wanted to get.  I wanted to cover all of the teams, in particular, the non-Indians teams.  I wanted to get cards that had interesting pictures.  And I wanted to get non-flagship cards.

My very first card from the set fulfilled the first requirement by representing the White Sox:
2003 Topps is not the most exciting of cards to lead things off, but I got the White Sox out of the way first.  Besides, this card is serial-numbered out of just five, so it is rare enough to be a pretty good get.  The signature might have been better if it was in black ink instead of blue, due to the dark background.

No comments:

Post a Comment