Friday, May 9, 2014

Card #24: 1989 Bowman #258

YEAR: 1989
BRAND: Bowman
SET: Bowman
NUMBER: 258
SUBSET: Father-Son
TEAM: San Diego Padres

This has been a card that I have thought a lot about.  I guess it is not technically a Sandy Alomar Jr. card.  It is definitely more of a Sandy Alomar Sr. card.  Sr. is the one whose name is on the back with a reference to where to find Jr. and Roberto.  Nevertheless, I think most people consider it a card of all three.  So this marks the third appearance of Roberto in my collection and the first time all three Alomars have been on one card.  All three were with the Padres at this time too, so it is that much more interesting.  I have never been the biggest fan of 1989 Bowman because of how much taller they are than normal cards.  Still this is a very interesting card in my collection.

No comments:

Post a Comment