Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Card #13: 1990 Donruss #30

YEAR: 1990
BRAND: Donruss
SET: Donruss
NUMBER: 30
SUBSET: Rated Rookies
TEAM: San Diego Padres

My second Padres card of Alomar also came from 1990, the second year he was getting Major League cards from the big name brands.  This red border is kind of atrocious but eye-catching.  The dots are even stranger and are in a different "pattern" depending on if you have the card from packs or the factory set.  I actually have both variations now, having recently gotten the factory set version (I think, I don't actually know if that was the one I received later but I assume that this was a pack-pulled card at some point).  I do like the Rated Rookies subsets quite a bit and Alomar was a Rated Rookie twice.  Kind of rare.

No comments:

Post a Comment