Monday, April 7, 2014

Card #1: 1991 Donruss #693

YEAR: 1991
BRAND: DONRUSS
SET: DONRUSS
NUMBER: 693
SUBSET: Award Winner
TEAM: Cleveland Indians

Yes, THIS was my first Sandy Alomar Jr. card.  It's no small wonder then that this eventually became the focus of my player collection.  This is kind of an ugly card, as many other bloggers have pointed out.  It must be from a press conference, possibly the one in which Alomar won the Rookie of the Year Award.  But it is kind of out-of-focs and has a red tint to it.  It is just kind of odd-looking.  Plus, Alomar is wearing a suit.  Definitely an odd start to the collection.  I also do not totally remember how I got this one.  It is likely I got it in a pack because it is unlikely I would trade for this card prior to deciding to collect Alomar.  So it must have come in a pack.

No comments:

Post a Comment