Friday, December 19, 2014

Three Wantlist Hits and a Problem

Today I received several packages, three of which were cards from my Top 10 Most Wanted, and the third presented a problem.

Let's start with the positives:
1.  2001 Topps Traded Relics.  This was #4 on my Most Wanted List and was picked up off of Ebay earlier this week.

2.  2004 Upper Deck Going Deep Gold.  Technically the gold was not on my Wantlist, but I am counting it because it is a better-looking card.  The bat piece has quite a bit etched into it and it is numbered out of just 50.  After I bought the card, I changed #5 on my Most Wanted List to the gold version.  I will consider this captured.
3.  1998 Topps Tek Pattern 23.  Finally, we have another Tek pattern.  This gives me 65, only 25 to go.

Now, for the problem:
I ordered a 2002 Upper Deck 40-Man Electric parallel of Alomar off of the Beckett Marketplace.  Unfortunately, when it arrived, it was the base card.  I have contacted the seller to see what we could do and I will hopefully get a positive resolution.  If he does not have the parallel version, I am very concerned because I may not see one for a long time.  I hate not getting a card I am expecting, it is my collecting pet peeve.

I now have two new entries onto my Most Wanted List, including the card I did not receive.  The other one is the black refractor of Alomar's 2002 Topps Chrome Traded card with the Rockies.

No comments:

Post a Comment