Thursday, March 27, 2014

A Gold Mailday

This will be a major feature in the coming days and weeks as I went on a binge when I started this collection up again.  So here are the new ones from this morning:
1.  2003 Danbury Mint.  I have a bunch of these 22 kt. gold cards in my Red Sox collection including the entire 2004 and 2007 World Series Champion sets.  This is my first non-Red Sox card though.  I really like this because it is unique and it features Alomar with the Rockies, making it one of three unique Rockies cards of Alomar that I am aware of, other than all of the parallels of the 2002 Topps Traded issue.

2.  1998 Pacific Crown Collection Latinos of the Major Leagues.  Pacific focused on Latin stars during its run.  That was what made it an interesting brand.  The company had insert sets spotlighting Latin stars which is where this card came from.

No comments:

Post a Comment