Friday, October 10, 2014

A Very Interesting Oddball

Some time ago, I added this card:
This is the 1997 Pinnacle Fanfest card of Alomar.  1997 was the season that Alomar won the All Star Game MVP in his home ballpark.  This was only available through a redemption that was randomly inserted into sets available for sale at the All Star Game Fanfest in Cleveland in 1997.  So they were pretty rare.  I was excited to get this card.  However, recently I saw this for sale:
This is the actual redemption card that you could bring in and exchange for the above card.  Now, normally I would not care that much about this kind of item, but this card does feature two photos of Alomar, and they are different from those on the actual card.  Naturally, I had to have it.  It definitely is an interesting addition to my collection.

No comments:

Post a Comment