Saturday, January 9, 2016

I Made the Last Goal from 2015

I received this card on December 30.  I was afraid it would not sneak in last year, but it did.  Here it is:
This is the 1997 Pacific Baerga Softball card.  It was the #4 item on my Top 15, and it was in the same spot on my Top 10 list as of January 1, 2015.  So that was the last goal I needed to knock off.  I wanted five of the Top 10 cards as of January 1 to add to my collection.

This card was exceptionally hard to find.  There are 10 cards in the set, including players like Derek Jeter, Roberto Alomar, and Ivan Rodriguez.  They were made to commemorate a celebrity softball game that Carlos Baerga put on in Puerto Rico every year for awhile.  The cards were given in packs of two to those in attendance at the game, so they were localized in Puerto Rico.  Apparently not many found their way out of the game and into the public.  I have not seen this card, or any others from the set, appear on Ebay at all.

I was in contact with a member of a forum earlier in November who lives in Puerto Rico.  He offered to try to find some of these cards for various members and this was the first one he found.  I am thrilled to add it to my collection.

1 comment:

  1. Holy cow! Great find! Must feel pretty good to cross off such an elusive card!

    ReplyDelete