Friday, November 21, 2014

Sportlots Order

I don't check Sportlots frequently.  Well, that's not entirely true.  I check it frequently but usually just to find Tek patterns which show up once in awhile.  But recently I happened to be doing a little longer search and came across two cards that I really wanted from the same seller and decided to place a quick order.
1.  2001 Upper Deck Vintage Team Lineup.  I really liked the Red Sox version of this card which had some kind of unusual choices on it.  I don't know enough about the Indians as a team to know whether this was a very accurate portrayal of the team in 2000 though.  As a side note, I am pretty sure that picture of Manny Ramirez is not really him.

2.  1998 Donruss Preferred Seating.  This was one of the cards I wanted from the seller.  It is a nice-looking die-cut card from a mostly forgettable Donruss set.

3.  1995 Stadium Club 1st Day Issue Best Seat in the House.  I love the action shot on this card.

4.  1998 Donruss Collections.  I am not sure of the purpose behind the Donruss Collections set other than to reprint almost all of the Donruss base card sets once more, similar to Topps Chrome but much more all-encompassing.

5.  2000 MLB Showdown.  This is the last base card I needed from Showdown, although there is still possibly another promo out there.

6.  1994 Triple Play.  Proof that there are still some base cards out there that I still need.

7.  1993 Upper Deck Gold Hologram.  The factory sets for Upper Deck in 1992 and 1993 had gold holograms.  They are a little harder to find on the open market.

8.  2003 Upper Deck MVP Celebration Gold.  This was the major card that I wanted.  A parallel of a nice insert honoring his All Star Game MVP that is also numbered out of just 75.

No comments:

Post a Comment